5.04 EdLab Scholars Program
The purpose of the EdLab Scholars Program is to offer individuals with advanced experience in the field of education (or related fields) the opportunity to do advanced production work. Over the course of a residency, scholars may work alongside graduate students and professional researchers and developers on one or more of EdLab's innovative development activities. Possible areas of focus include:
- Research to support the development, assessment, and improvement of EdLab programs and applications.
- Developing software applications with an emphasis on web-based applications. Maintaining and improving existing educational systems and software. Performing research, testing, and evaluation of potential new systems and software.
- Working on existing print and web publications — for example the Teachers College Record (http://www.tcrecord.org/) — and proposing and developing new publishing projects collaboratively and with the guidance of an experienced publishing group.
- Supporting consulting projects. Addressing the challenges of managing structural change and facilitating organizational innovation in education. Creating high intensity, short duration planning events that unleash creativity and accelerate change.
- Production of video content about the future of education and educational research. Weekly activities include script writing, production, editing, publishing, and advertising. Content may be highlighted in different contexts, including New Learning Times.
To apply to the program, please send us your CV (or resume) and a cover letter. Please describe 1) a project (or projects) that you wish to work on in the context of EdLab, 2) your prior experience in educational research and development settings, 3) your preferred schedule, including start and end dates, and 4) URLs if your example work is available online.
EdLab Scholars are typically either visiting researchers or visiting scholars at the College and are required to pay the college fee and the continuous registration fee for the semesters in which they are in residence.
Application materials should be emailed to email@example.com. Candidates will be notified of the status of their application on a rolling basis.