In July 2007, EdLab, in partnership with the Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College, launched a video channel on the web. After Ed TV
, with content published weekly, is a combination of news, documentary, and editorial segments. This new channel will be highlighted in several contexts, including the Teachers College Record
, the Gottesman Libraries website
, and other online publishing platforms.
Teachers College — with its research and teacher preparation missions — is a resource of diverse and innovative thinking about education and advancements in the understanding of learning. The channel's mission is to organize this knowledge production and bring it to the attention of individuals with an interest in education.
The channel aims to highlight educational researchers as innovators of education — innovating education's roles and purposes in a global context. It will focus on cutting-edge work and developments in the education sector, and position Teachers College's educational offerings as powerful educational experiences for education professionals and researchers. The channel will also appeal directly to learners as the end-users of education.
Goals for the first year include: 1) developing a regular production schedule, 2) developing unique content, 3) focus on educators as builders of environments and tools for learning, and 4) developing New York City partnerships.
Channel content is produced on a weekly basis. Featured segments include:
- Education News (focus on education news in print and on the web)
- Media Review (focus on accessible multimedia web-based materials)
- Crossfire (focus on timely global/national topics)
- Video Awards (a how-to guide to developing video content culminating in user content)
- Reporting: New Teachers (focus on understanding learning and serving learners)
- Reporting: New Research (focus on understanding learning and serving learners)
- Video Essays (special topics)
- Reality Shows