Former Staff Member
Pranav is a Senior Solutions Architect at the Edlab having focus on use of data to improve educational applications and make learning more personalized.
Pranav won the Apple student scholarship's in 2009.
Pranav is currently working on developing next generation learning ecosystems
such as mSchool
Pranav has done Masters program in Computer Science Department of Columbia University. Prior to coming to New York, Pranav was working as Technical Consultant with Headstrong (Financial Consulting firm).
He has ten years of work experience and hails from India. He completed his Bachelors in Information Technology degree in 2004 from University of Delhi.
His interests include traveling, playing cricket, badminton and chess.
Why I like working at Edlab?
A very good article which explains differences between startup and big companies and why you should one work for startup.
- Ability to work with researchers and discuss and develop on the ideas, do usability studies.
- Work on your own idea or develop on others idea - collaboratively
- Find interesting people at the seminars from them one can learn a lot
- Great team to work with.
- Publish papers on the work you have done and collaboratively write papers (especially Hui Soo)
- Learn from your lessons of failure of launching, developing or marketing the idea
- Get involved in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (right from Server Setup - vmware, proposal writing, use cases, getting feedback in D&R, coding, testing through focused groups and finally launching.)