Zhicheng is a master student in Computer Science at Columbia University. He is on the track of Computer Vision. He is currently taking a part-time internship in software development team.
He studied education related major during his first year and he planed to be a teacher. But he later changed his major to Electronic Engineering because he can make more impact on education with technology. He learned to develop both hardware and software of Interest of Thing (IoT) devices. During graduate study, he learned Computer Vision in which he can utilize his skill in both software and hardware development.
Using the algorithm in Computer Vision, he has skill to make camera smart and image interesting. For example:
- 1. Object detection and recognition.
- 2. Multiple objects tracking.
- 3. Text recognition.
- 4. Style transferring.
- 5. Color transferring.
This application in Computer vision can make class more interesting. For example:
- 1. Detecting and recognizing students’ action, a record can become interactive.
- 2. Unexpected new style images lead students to creativity.
- 3. Text recognition helps teacher on automated assessment.
He enjoys working at EdLab and is willing to contribute :-)
No blog postings available