EdLab is seeking a part-time interactive and graphic designer to support design initiatives such as multimedia installations, historical exhibitions, interactive projects, graphics and branding, and web-based products. EdLab at The Gottesman Libraries envisions, designs, and pilots knowledge projects for a fundamentally different education sector that is attuned to the emerging post-industrial, information-based, globally-connected world. EdLab is organized in small flexible multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate to develop products of distinction. The designer will work within a media design team on diverse and rapidly-paced projects. Applicants with an interest in applying innovative technologies and design methodologies within educational environments are especially encouraged to apply.
- Designing print and screen-based products that enrich a variety of exhibitions for patrons of Teachers College, innovative events and other EdLab projects.
- Assisting the team in exhibition production and installation.
- Supporting the other teams at EdLab to create beautiful and functional work.
- Strong fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator
- Experience in physical fabrication and production
- Are a proactive worker, both independently and collaboratively as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
The Gottesman Libraries staff is organized into small, flexible teams but we work across teams to support one another in achieving the goals of the library. Each team identifies requirements for their part-time hourly and/or graduate assistant positions. Hourly Associates typically work a half-time schedule. EdLab Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week and must be current Teachers College students enrolled for at least 6 credits. Individuals in this position will contribute to the intellectual life of EdLab and the library and feed their own academic curiosities by participating in weekly EdLab seminars and other lectures, workshops, and special events.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the position for you, send your resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (use the title of the position in your subject line). Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.