EdLab at the Gottesman Libraries is seeking part-time staff for software development. EdLab is seeking staff to lead and support software technology projects (e.g., adaptive learning tools, online interactive applications, games, intelligent tutoring systems). The position involves design and development of software applications with an emphasis on web-based applications.
- Maintaining and improving existing systems and software
- Performing research, testing, and evaluation of potential new systems and software
- Writing technical specifications and documentation
- Participating in collaborative design activities with the EdLab team
- Supporting the library digital services infrastructure
- Collaborating with others in the EdLab in the development of new projects
The Gottesman Libraries staff is organized into small, flexible teams but we work across teams to support one another in achieving the goals of the library. Each team identifies requirements for their part-time hourly and/or graduate assistant positions. Hourly Associates typically work a half-time schedule. EdLab Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week and must be current Teachers College students enrolled for at least 6 credits.
Individuals in this position will contribute to the intellectual life of EdLab and the library and feed their own academic curiosities by participating in weekly EdLab seminars and other lectures, workshops, and special events.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position for you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (use the title of the position in your subject line). Cover letters are a chance for you to tell us why you’d be a great fit and what makes you stand out. We care about getting to know you, the real you. What is it about the future of education that gets you excited? What personal flair would you add to the team? Give us a reason to put you in the game!