EdLab is looking for a part-time researcher/developer to support multiple learning analytics initiatives for the Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College Columbia University. The individual in this position will work with researchers and engineers on data collection and analysis projects. The staff person may also be called upon to participate in studies of various applications, tools, and resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the development team to setup infrastructures for collecting and storing data
- Work with the research team to analyze and visualize data
- Write documentation and tutorials for the aforementioned tasks
- Generate reports and help with preparing research publications
- Experience working with data and familiar with Python and/or R.
- Familiar with data mining and visualization packages (e.g., D3, Shiny, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Some software engineering experience
- Interest in advancing research in education
The Gottesman Libraries staff is organized into small, flexible teams but we work across teams to support one another in achieving the goals of the library. Each team identifies requirements for their part-time hourly and/or graduate assistant positions. Hourly Associates typically work a half-time schedule. EdLab Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week and must be current Teachers College students enrolled for at least 6 credits.
Individuals in this position will contribute to the intellectual life of EdLab and the library and feed their own academic curiosities by participating in weekly EdLab seminars and other lectures, workshops, and special events.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position for you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (use the title of the position in your subject line). Cover letters are a chance for you to tell us why you’d be a great fit and what makes you stand out. We care about getting to know you, the real you. What is it about the future of education that gets you excited? What personal flair would you add to the team? Give us a reason to put you in the game!