EdLab at Teachers College Columbia University is seeking part-time staff for publishing. EdLab publishes , a peer-reviewed academic journal on education issues, and , an online publication highlighting advances in education technology and entrepreneurship. Staff joining this team will play a major role in the production process, edit articles, manage the user community, and curate key online resources for readers.
- Proofreading, copy editing, and fact checking
- Editing, formatting, and managing submissions in a content management system
- Corresponding with authors and readers
- Writing articles for publication
- 1-2 years experience copy editing for an online publication
- Experience editing academic writing in APA style, particularly citations, references, and text formatting
- Ability to organize, track, and schedule content in a CMS
- Prior experience multi-tasking in a publishing environment and meeting strict deadlines
The Gottesman Libraries staff is organized into small, flexible teams but we work across teams to support one another in achieving the goals of the library. Each team identifies requirements for their part-time hourly and/or graduate assistant positions. Hourly Associates typically work a half-time schedule. EdLab Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week and must be current Teachers College students enrolled for at least 6 credits.
Individuals in this position will contribute to the intellectual life of EdLab and the library and feed their own academic curiosities by participating in weekly EdLab seminars and other lectures, workshops, and special events.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position for you, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (use the title of the position in your subject line). Cover letters are a chance for you to tell us why you’d be a great fit and what makes you stand out. We care about getting to know you, the real you. What is it about the future of education that gets you excited? What personal flair would you add to the team? Give us a reason to put you in the game!