User Interaction Designer
EdLab is seeking a User Interaction Designer with expertise in user interface and interaction design. The incumbent will be expected to work on teams of educators and engineers to help define and complete projects that serve EdLab's clients, with a specific focus on defining the user experience of our products.
- Build beautiful, functional web experiences
- Create and be accountable for the user interaction model, workflows, information architecture, prototypes, and guidelines for user interfaces
- The ability to generate graphics and images for the interface
- Conduct user and design research including: usability studies, user surveys, prototype testing, competitive product analysis, and latest industry & design trend research
- Participate in UI conception and implementation for both new and existing products
The following qualifications are strongly desired in any candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Graphics, or related field
- A good portfolio to showcase, in addition prior experience of hands-on user interaction engineering experience is preferred
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- CSS frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Adobe Creative Suite (or other graphic design software)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills on large- and small-scale issues with ability to undertake and complete large design projects with little supervision
- This position requires participation in all phases of the development cycle, from gathering user requirements to defining interaction design, to actually prototyping and testing interfaces for large-scale projects
How to Apply
- Experience conceptualizing and deploying UI designs demonstrated through a portfolio of web, mobile or native PC applications
- Proven ability to gather and synthesize functional requirements and technical realities into workable user interface designs
- The ability to pick up new technologies, frameworks, and trends quickly
- Candidates should be able to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and processes that may benefit the learning process.
- Effective communicator with experience collaborating with product managers, software engineers, researchers, and educators.
If you love everything you just read and think you’d be a great match, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are a chance for you to tell us why you’re perfect for this position but we want you to go beyond your professional experiences. Tell us what makes you stand out. What is it about the future of education that gets you excited? What personal flair would you add to the team? Let’s hear it!