The Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College offers an expanding array of traditional and innovative services to the college community of educators. The library is increasingly a creative services organization that coordinates the acquisition and/or design, development, and distribution of intellectual properties, including video and audio media, digital and online materials, software applications and tools, and interactive exhibits and events, along with sophisticated support services.
The diversity of materials, services, and suppliers that contribute to the success of a modern academic library is increasing at a rapid pace. The Gottesman Libraries seek an Acquisitions/Materials Librarian to support the daily operations of the resources management unit that is responsible for the acquisition of all print and electronic library materials, the management of those materials, and the overall maintenance of library collections, contemporary and historical. The Acquisitions/Materials Librarian is expected to work with a small internal staff along with a set of key service providers and to continue the transition to patron-driven collection development processes.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Utilize organizational tools (e.g., DocDel, Educat, Serials Solutions, PocketKnowledge, Support Ticket System) to support the work of the Teachers College community. Support core functions (e.g., Archives, Digitization, Interlibrary Loan, Stack Maintenance) and areas of work within the Gottesman Libraries (e.g., Publishing, Services, Administration)
- Maintain and refine existing acquisitions agreements and processes
- Ensure on-time delivery, payment to vendors, and access for patrons
- Conduct on-going analyses of materials and services use to drive the refinement of the purchasing program
- Formulate plans for addressing community needs
- Develop implementation strategies
- Manage new functions and services to achieve peak effectiveness within budget constraints
- Assess impact and contribute to scholarly literature related to the new function or service
- Masters degree in library or information science or equivalent
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with integrated library systems
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver in a fast-paced service environment
- Familiarity with serials and electronic materials management software
- Familiarity with interlibrary loan systems and processes
- Familiarity with education and educational research
- Experience conceptualizing and deploying acquisitions and delivery systems and protocols.
- Familiarity with current cataloging and inventory management systems Familiarity with archives management systems and protocols
- Familiarity with SPSS, SAS, or other statistical software
- Ability to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and materials to advance learning
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of projects that make use of various media to support learning goals to firstname.lastname@example.org