The Gottesman Libraries at Teachers College offer an expanding array of traditional and innovative services to the college community of educators. The library is increasingly a creative services organization that models the design, development, and distribution of intellectual properties, including video and audio media, digital and online materials, software applications and tools, and interactive exhibits and events, along with sophisticated support services.
The Gottesman Libraries seek a Video Producer to participate in our multimedia production capacity to support the diverse learning goals of the library, and by extension the various patrons groups that it serves. The Video Producer will be expected to work with teams of educators and designers to help define and complete projects that serve clients, with a specific focus on defining the overall brand and experience of our products and services. A skilled collaborator will be able to leave his or her mark on our entire program.
The next five years at EdLab will bring an opportunity to create every aspect of the experience of a dynamic, 100-person multimedia event space at Teachers College called “The Learning Theater.” The theater is designed from the ground up to support innovative teaching and learning. Interactive exhibitions is a major feature of the space, including elements such as immersive displays, near-field communications, and wearable technologies.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Create and be accountable for the implementation of production and project plans.
- Develop multimedia (especially video) from conception to delivery
- Participate in conceiving in conceiving production strategy to create a variety of video and multimedia solutions
- Ensure the delivery of high quality products to users by working on enhancements and multiple versions of video components of products
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree or any suitable combination of creative/design education, training and experience
- Background of educational and work experiences that represent the major production and application areas
- Demonstrated problem solving skills on large and small scale issues with ability to undertake and complete large video and multimedia projects with little supervision
- This position requires a track record of participation in all phases of the product development cycle
- A portfolio of distinctive video products that demonstrate the capacity to define and deliver on a coherent aesthetic vision
How to Apply
- Proven ability to gather and synthesize functional requirements and technical realities into workable solutions (video and multimedia)
- Experience working on diverse project teams consisting of educators, designers and other non-technical stakeholders (clients, product managers, etc.)
- Candidates should be able to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and materials to advance learning
- Experience conceptualizing and deploying motion graphics solutions
- Mastery of key production technologies and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Individuals with an academic or professional background in education, cognitive psychology, or related disciplines are highly desired
If you love everything you just read and think you’d be a great match, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are a chance for you to tell us why you’re perfect for this position but we want you to go beyond your professional experiences. Tell us what makes you stand out. What is it about the future of education that gets you excited? What personal flair would you add to the team? Let’s hear it!