Live blog of Watson session.
The Vialogues team is proud to announce the release of an updated Vialogues site with new features and many bug fixes.
Included in this release are:
- Inbuilt Login and Signup: So no more going to a separate screen for logging in and signing out of Vialogues.
- Much needed user interface improvements with new graphics for header, footer with better then before manage page for Vialogues.
- Vialogues would now maintain the aspect ratio in which the Vialogues was uploaded.
We're looking forward to people using these and other features in a variet...
Columbia Business School is organizing a conference on India Business.
They are inviting renowned people from various sectors like pharmaceutical, finance, and NGOs, among others.
I feel it would be a wonderful opportunity to network and promote products we are making at the EdLab so that we can still keep the private sector marketing open for us.
Here is the link to register for the conference.
Friday April 1 from 8:30AM to 5:30PM
Alfred Lerner Hall,
Natural Language Processing group at Columbia University is organizing a talk with the IBM folks working on Watson.
Here are the details of it, if interested join in:
Date: Tues, Mar 29th
Location: Davis Auditorium, CEPSR
Behind the Scenes with Watson at the Jeopardy!-IBM Challenge
On Feb 14th, 15th & 16th, the Jeopardy! TV game show aired a unique exhibition match: a contest between the two most well-known Jeopardy! champions, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, and an IBM computer, nicknamed Watson. In this talk I will give an overview of the challenges...
Jasig CAS meetup happened on Feb 15b, 2011.
The main things which were discussed:
1) CAS 4 protocol
2) Who is doing what in CAS - as its an open source software relying on the community
4) Best Practices of CAS server deployment like Failover/Clustering
5) Demos of new CAS clients developed in .Net
6) Way forward for CAS Developments.
The thing which I was interested in personally and from EdLab's perspective was:
1) How to use CAS as a central login tool to solve the issues of identity management for our EdLab Applications. This can by providing one int...
Google Chrome is coming out with it's own operating system and they are conducting a survey to distribute their notebooks. Please find more details here.
Let's make sure we get one for EdLab...
- Moving market into a direction where it's moving from selected to broad.
- Improve features, values whats in it for the customer.
There are different kinds of strategies.
- Market leader - revenue leader
Objective of leader - to be the leader
Showing what the competition offers and what you are great at - would help capture the audience of your competitor if they agree with you.
Steve Blank, a serial entrepreneur, educator, and startup thought leader is coming to give a talk on Friday, November 12 at 10:00AM at Davis Auditorium, (Campus level of the Schapiro/CEPSR building) Columbia University.
Here's a brief bio on Steve Blank:
After 21 years driving eight high technology startups, Steve currently teaches entrepreneurship to both undergraduate and graduate students at U.C. Berkeley's Haas School of Business, Stanford University's School of Engineering and the Columbia /Berkeley Joint Executive MBA program.
For more information on the talk, please visit
- top line is revenue, profits
- repositioning the brand by raising the costs help strengthens the brand value and customers perceives value of the brand and quality.
- reduce warranty claims: helps build the brand quality
- sales call: reinforcement
- Be unique: learn from mistakes of the competition and also try to create a niche in the market.
- Bundle the products: PocketKnowledge (Archiving), Critter (Social Discussion Tool)
For making the presentation the best approach
- Indirect competition
- direct competition
Mass Marketing is the opposite of Segm...
Fashion Channel Case -
- Walk through the case (give a brief overview of the case).
- Focus solely on the facts given in the paper
20 mins for the presentation-
- No more than 5 mins on the background (hit the highlights) - Develop a powerpoint or distribute a handout.
- Each member takes on the role of the different functional expert.
The market research helps in estimating
- buyer behavior
- intersection between marketing and psychology
- what is it about the service which is different and not being offered by others.
Couple of forms of marketing research ...