EdLab at Silicon Alley Talent Fair
Angela, Jo and I represented EdLab at the Silicon Alley Talent Fair
yesterday. More than 150 startups participated in the event.
Some key take aways that I had from the event -
1. Do not rely on the free wireless. Always be prepared to tether your mobile device with your laptop to demo tools.
2. Looking at the number of startups in the event no doubt New York is not far behind silicon valley.
3. I think timing of the event was not one of the best, many students have already started their internships and new jobs.
4. Prepare a very short 140 character elevator pitch for your products. Because you will have to repeat it millions of times :)
5. People are really interested in Education and how technology is making education better.
6. Its a good idea to have ping pong tables in such events. The informality of the event made applicants and employers have frank discussions.