Edlab at the Gottesman Libraries envisions, designs, and pilots knowledge projects for a fundamentally different education sector that is attuned to the emerging post-industrial, information-based, globally-connected world. EdLab is organized in small flexible multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate to develop products of distinction.
EdLab is seeking a Front End Web Designer with expertise in user interface and interaction design and implementation. The incumbent will be expected to work with teams of educators, graphic designers and engineers to help define and complete projects that serve EdLab's clients, with a specific focus on defining the user experience of our products.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Participate in conceiving and designing UI.
- Participate in and lead actual coding of the UI infrastructure for products.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality products to users by working on redesigns, enhancements and fixes for UI components in existing products.
This position requires participation in all phases of the development cycle, from gathering user requirements to defining interaction design, to actually coding and testing interfaces for large-scale projects. We are thus ideally looking for individuals with demonstrated ability across all phases of interface design: requirements analysis, interface design, graphic design, and programming/testing.
We are seeking someone who is available up to 20 hours/week on a regular basis. To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume (including a link to a relevant portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are interested in a full time position, please also see our Careers
The following qualifications are strongly desired in any candidate:
- BS/BFA in Web Design, Graphic Design, Communications Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Graphics, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of hands-on UI design experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- At least 2 years experience with Ajax technologies (including libraries such as JQuery, Google Web Toolkit and or Prototype).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills on large and small scale issues with ability to undertake and complete large design projects with little supervision.
- Experience conceptualizing and deploying UI designs demonstrated through a portfolio of web, mobile or native PC applications.
- Experience working on diverse project teams consisting of graphic designers, engineers and non-technical stakeholders (clients, product managers, etc.).
- Candidates should be able to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and a vision for new technologies and processes that may benefit the learning process.
- Experience with Flash/Flex, Mobile UI development on iPhone, iPad or Android platforms.
If you think you are ready to take on the challenges confronting the education sector, please send a cover letter (describing a match between your background and our projects that interest you) and your resume (including a link to a relevant portfolio) to email@example.com
. If we think there's a good match, we will contact you.