We need to begin a discussion of the features that might be included in our next generation meeting scheduling/collaboration tool. Beyond just scheduling rooms in Russell Hall we should offer tools to help patrons hold more effective meetings. This will be an important entry-level intro service of our Collaborative Solutions Group.
Here is a brief feature
on meetings from CNET to spark some discussion.
Here are some things that might be included in our meeting tool:
1) Schedule a room
2) Order AV/Computer Equipment Setup
3) Post an Agenda
4) Post/Use a Member Invite List
5) Post a presentation - have the presentation on screen when people enter the room
6) Order coffee
7) Arrange for documentation - notes, audio, video
8) Arrange for materials from the library collections to be placed in the room, e.g., books on a cart, video on screen
9) Charge services to credit cards or TC accounts