Luke - Lucene Index Toolbox
While working with Apache Lucene (Lucene is an Open Source, mature and high-performance Java search engine. It is highly flexible, and scalable from hundreds to millions of documents)
for indexing and searching purposes for the Article Recommendation Tool, I came across major difficulty in finding out the exact attributes corresponding to the data being Indexed. And, finally I came across Luke.
uke is a handy development and diagnostic tool, which accesses already existing Lucene indexes and allows you to display and modify their content in several ways:
- browse by document number, or by term
- view documents / copy to clipboard
- retrieve a ranked list of most frequent terms
- execute a search, and browse the results
- selectively delete documents from the index
- reconstruct the original document fields, edit them and re-insert to the index
This toolbox and specially its interface will make scrutinizing the indexed data faster and more interesting!
"Luke, may the force be with you" :-)