Eric and Patrick are currently on the other side of our desk-island trying to figure out how separate child categories from their parent categories and display posts from child categories while having the option to hide/show the parent category. Or something.
We had a meeting today, and I'll be writing up specific parts of our conversation, but here's the gist of things:
- There's been a split and we now have Pressible and Pressible Simple (details forth coming)
- Patrick and Eric are working on the Pressible Simple theme for functional release next week
- The proper Pressible theme (ProjectPress) will be ready for a January 20th Beta release
- There've been talks of multiple release date, with the full public launch happening in summer 2010
- Ideas about ToS, outreach, stories, and data handling
More on each of these soon. They've stopped drawing on the white board, so I think the category-catastrophe may be solved for now ("for now" being the operative phrase when speaking of Pressible...)