October 12, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. When it comes to teaching girls to code, it’s hip to be Square.
Full story from Readwrite
2. Music training could fix education by building better brains.
Full story from The Wall Street Journal
3. For profit K-12 in Kenya: Innovation or imposition?
Full story from The Atlantic
4. The Shanghai secret might be time, not pedagogy.
Full story from TES Connect
5. Blended learning could close the gap for school districts.
Full story from Bizwomen
Image: Osterizer Blenders from Chris Hunkeler (via Flickr)