I thought I would summarize some of the cool software and hardware Apple previewed today.
1. iPhone X
- Released 10 years after the first iPhone. Face ID, using your face to unlock, authenticate and pay. Apple says it's much more secure than Touch ID
- Face ID, using your face to unlock, authenticate and pay. Apple says it's much more secure than Touch ID.
- Animojis allow you to control the expressions of emojis. Uses the same tech in the front facing camera as Face ID.
- Wireless charging
- Water and Dust resistant
- New A 11 chip improves the speed of augmented reality apps and games
- The screen covers the whole front of the phone except for where the camera is housed:
2. iPhone 8
- Sort of looks the same as iPhone 7...
- Has many of the same specs of iPhone X
- The biggest feature is cellular service in the watch. This means the watch is no longer tethered, by Bluetooth, to your phone. You can leave your phone at home and make calls, text, and listen to music from your watch.
- Get notifications when your heart rate becomes irregular
- Apple Heart Study: Apple has teamed with Stanford to study heart rate data to better inform patients, doctors, and researchers of cases of heart irregularity.
4. Apple TV
- Stream live sports and news
Regarding software, Apple seemed to focus a lot of time on AR and how it can be used for gaming and entertainment. I think there will be more AR games coming out because of the iPhone 8's upgraded processor. Also, this game called Sky was demoed and I'm looking forward to checking it out.