Since I'm on a roll...
DSV teams are gearing up for a big fall, cooking up many new elements for our education program, and rethinking recurring ones. If you've missed all of our weekly DSV workshops (held every Tuesday at 11am, of course), this post is for you! Here's the lowdown:
- We're teeing off a new year full of musical performances, book talks, and other events. Keep up to date with our monthly newsletter
(if you're at TC, you should be getting this via email).
- We're working on creating a workshop series around the new 'Maker Kit' curriculum collection.
- We're kicking off a new video series in partnership with TC's Admissions team featuring TC professors who are "Change Makers" (debuting in September).
- We'll be developing 6 Vialogues
-based episodes featuring our Socratic Conversations (debuting in September).
- We're creating an exhibition to highlight the Seen in New York
video series, and aim to host and end-of-September "Ed Ventures" event (especially catered to new TC students who may also be new to New York City).
- We're prototyping an exhibition to tell a story about unique learning spaces (see our Bali video)
in anticipation of the planned fourth floor learning theater
- Artist Mark Reigelman
will build a nest in our second floor collaboration space in October.
- And other things I am certainly (and unjustly) forgetting!
Here's the front side of our orientation postcard that incoming TC students will receive:
See you in the library in September!