Hi Everyone! I wanted to enlist the "Group Genius" of the EdLab to provide feedback for the EdTech Talk series of interviews I have been conducting with the help of the video team over the past few months (and now Janice!). The idea was first proposed in November of 2011 in this blog post.
Here are the original goals of the "talks":
1) To provide another avenue for sharing edupreneur's stories beyond the seminar... and to leverage Vialogues as the perfect platform for sharing these stories!
2) To generate content for NLT, LaunchPad "Edcubation" initiatitives and mSchool courses focused on edupreneurship.
The talks evolved from audio interviews that I "animated" using PowerPoint! Like this:
To in-person interviews like this - conducted with a flipcam and DIY background (note the light's go-off in this room & needed to be edited-out!):
To the final evolution! Here is a recent example with Henrik from Readmill!
Feedback and Question Bank:
Both Michelle and Janice had the great suggestion to create "question bank" of "go-to" queries for these interviews and I thought I would take a shot at sharing what I have generally asked so far and would love your feedback and additional ideas! What do you want to know from a founder? Burning questions for the edupreneurship-minded?
Current EdTech Talk "Go-to" Questions:
1) Your “early stage” experience founding _______?
2) __________'s "origin story?"
3) What advice would you give to an edupreneur just starting-out in the space?
4) Who or what was most helpful to you when you were first starting-out? Mentors? VC/legal advice?
5) What specific learning objectives does ___________ address?
6) What value do you provide to teachers, learners and schools?
7) Why Silicon "Alley" and not the "Valley?"
8) What is unique about the new edtech scene?
9) What trends are you noticing in the field?
10) Where do you imagine ____________ will be as a company in 6 mos?
11) Wildcard! What do you listen to in the office? What is your favorite founder bio? Do you subscribe to the Steve Jobs school of management? If ____________was a movie what would it be called?
Thank you for your thoughts and along with Janice, Luke and Daniel's great ideas for the design and production I think we will have some really great content!