As of yesterday, Google has added a new "research pane" search functionality to their line-up of tools for Google Docs. Learn more about this new feature which allows you to find & easily insert facts and images within a doc here.
To access this new feature within a Google doc:
1) Place your cursor to the left of the word or term you want to search for...
2) Click: Cmd + Alt + R (for MAC's) & Ctrl + Alt + R (for PC's)
3) Voila! A small search pane appears to the right of screen.
4) Click "insert" add info from the pane into your doc and a footnote citation (if applicable) can be auto-generated by selecting "cite."
5) Images can also be dragged from the pane directly into your doc & proper attribution will be added.
What do you think of this new feature? Does it help to streamline your research experience within Google Docs? How could this new feature help to facilitate student learning within a Google-friendly classroom? What if all websites were searchable in a similar way?